Welcome fellow Member, thanks so much for visiting the website. Please let me know what you think...anything else you want to see on this page or on the website? Is there anyone out there who wants to help Yolande manage the website? It would be most appreciated!!!
VOICE REHEARSAL What a great rehearsal last night...its really coming together now! And the voice rehearsals are a great help. Its wonderful that all the voices are getting together for part rehearsals. It is certainly paying dividends and Robert must be a happy man!! Please let me know if you want to list your rehearsal time and date here.
**No soprano rehearsal next week at Margaret's!!! **
Choir Notices 18/10/17
NEXT WEEK the Wednesday rehearsal will be at Christ College.
· The Extra rehearsal at the Watton Church this Saturday will commence at 2.00 until 5.00. The last 10 minutes will be practicing for the Service on Sunday.
· On Sunday please be at St. Mary’s Church by 1.00 for a run through with the organist. We would appreciate a few more voices, particularly sopranos. Usual choir uniform will be worn except men will wear suit and tie.
· Please return all Raffle tickets and stubs to Yolande next week.
· Yolande has now put the Rutter Day photos on the Members page on our website.
· Next week Robert will be rehearsing Movements 5, 6, and 7.
Choir Notices 11 Oct 2017
- Veronika presented Robert with a bottle of wine for his contribution to the wonderful Rutter Day (John Rutter and his accompanist received theirs on the day).
- Christmas Cheer on 20th December – this date is quite late to buy your Christmas presents, so any choir member who wishes to sell their goods can set up a stall in the foyer at break time from the beginning of December so members can buy gifts. There will also be stalls at St. David’s Church on the 20th.
- A contribution of £5 will be requested from each choir member attending the extra rehearsal at the Watton Church on 21stOctober from 2 – 5 p.m. This will help cover the hire cost of the Church, Robert’s fee and that of the accompanist. There will be no charge for the extra rehearsal in half term week, also at the Watton Church.
- Veronika apologised for the shortage of pink booklets, but she will have some on Friday when she is selling raffle tickets in the Market Hall if anyone wants to pick one up.
- Tickets for the Brahms are available from Ellie. They are also on sale at the Cathedral Shop, Ardent Gallery and on the door on concert night. Please be reminded that all cheques should now be made payable to Brecon Singers.
- The bonus ball was won by Yolande
Choir Notices 4 Oct 2017
- Veronika mentioned how wonderful the Rutter Day was last Saturday and thanked everyone who volunteered, she has received a lot of positive feedback. Veronika particularly thanked Yolande, Penny and John and Jane Neville for all their hard work.
- An extra Brahms rehearsal will take place on Saturday 21st October from 2 - 5 p.m. in the Watton Church. An extra 20 minutes at the end of the day will be used to rehearse the 4 hymns for the Civic Service the following day. We will also be singing ‘God Be in My Head’, please bring your copies, Nigel can get copies if you need one.
- Mayor’s Civic Service 2 pm on Sunday 22nd, black concert wear for ladies, gents white shirt, tie and dark suits.
- 1st November is half term week, Christ College will be closed, so an extra Brahms rehearsal has been arranged to be held in the Watton Church, usual time.
- Poppies to be worn at the Brahms Concert in the Cathedral on 11th November. Please organise your own poppy.
- Veronika was pleased to announce that Wyn has very kindly agreed to be our new Patron Secretary. Thank you so much Wyn.
- Tickets for our concert will be on sale from next week. They must be paid for when you pick them up.
- The raffle will be drawn at rehearsal on the 25th October.
- In readiness for next week, Robert would like us to look at all of No. 7, we will also be dipping in and out of other movements.
If anyone is interested, U3A are holding an open day at Theatr Brycheiniog on Thursday 12th October, all welcome, £8 for the day. It is a sort of ‘Sciency’ day with good speakers. Coffee and tea available on the day.
Sops, no practice next Tuesday as Margaret is away, but the following Tuesday there will be one as usual.
As discussed at rehearsal last week- we will have to know the Welsh for the National Anthem and Penny has kindly sent the words.
I hope those of you involved with yesterday enjoyed the day as much as I did. I think we all pulled together so well and became one big team, it all ran like silk, thanks to the enormous amount of work of preparation from Penny and Yolande and sheer management skills of the Chair and Committee in such a quiet manner.
By the way – the photos are good and show the whole day as it unravelled. Wonderful atmosphere!
Choir Notices 20/09/17
The bonus ball has been won by Logan, although he wasn’t at rehearsal to pick up his winnings.
Penny thanked everyone who has volunteered to help at the Rutter Day on the 30th September. However there are some gaps – volunteers still needed to help with the parking at Penmaes School, and another three volunteers needed to help with refreshments. Please contact Penny if you feel able to assist with either of these.
Robert has confirmed that we will be singing at the Mayor’s Civic Service on the 22nd October at St. Mary’s Church, and asked for a show of hands. The service starts at 2 p.m. We will be singing ‘God Be in My Head’ and accompanying the hymns. We need to be seated by 1.45 but will meet a little earlier for a quick rehearsal.
Veronika announced that sadly Martin Haworth has resigned from his post as Patron Secretary and from the choir. He has been with the choir for 34 years and will be greatly missed.
Robert confirmed that there will be an extra Brahms rehearsal on Saturday 21st October from 2 – 5 p.m. at the Presbyterian Church in the Watton. Please come along, even if you can only spare an hour.
Robert would like us to look at before next Wednesday's rehearsal. We will be rehearsing all of number 5, and number 2, from Allegro non troppo (9 after H) to end of movement.
Choir Notices 13 Sept 2017
Welcome to three new members tonight who we hope will stay with us, They are a soprano Marie-Jeanne Winstone, and two altos Simone ((Surname) and Sian Price.
We have been asked to sing at the Mayor’s Civic Service in St. Mary’s Church on 22 October at 14.00. Several members put their hands up to sing, it would be good if we could get one or two more to make a good sound to promote the choir, particularly tenors.
On 8th October at 2.30 there is a Messiah from Scratch in Holy Trinity Church, Brompton, London. This is to raise funds for the people who suffered in the Grenville Towers disaster.
Please follow Robert’s rehearsal schedule sent out last week so you can practice for next week. It will be all of No.7 and No.2 from the Allegro to letter H.
The Bonus ball has rolled over.
Last and by no means least. Veronika has invited us to help ourselves to her copious apple orchard, cookers and eaters, this coming Saturdaybetween 2.00 and 5.00 at 14 Cradoc Road, Brecon. She wants them to go to good homes!
You will be hearing from Sheila Norman next week who will take the notices. Thank you Sheila.
Need help with Rehearsals
Contact your Voice Rep about part rehearsals.
Sites to help with the Brahms:
You Tube - Chorus Station
Brecon Singers Diary 2017
Wed 06 Sep 2017 Neuadd Goffa 730pm
Wed 13 Sep 2017 Neuadd Goffa 730pm
Wed 20 Sep 2017 Neuadd Goffa 730pm
Wed 27 Sep 2017 Neuadd Goffa 730pm
Sat 30 Sep 2017 John Rutter Day
Wed 04 Oct 2017 Neuadd Goffa 730pm
Wed 11 Oct 2017 Neuadd Goffa 730pm
Wed 18 Oct 2017 Neuadd Goffa 730pm
Sat 21 Oct 2017 Rehearsal, Brecon Presbyterian Church 2-5
Sun 22 Oct 2017 Mayor's Civic Service
Wed 25Oct 2017 Neuadd Goffa 730pm
Wed 01 Nov 2017 Half Term
Wed 08 Nov 2017 Neuadd Goffa 730pm
Sat 11 Nov 2017 Brahms Concert
Wed 15 Nov 2017 Neuadd Goffa 730pm
Wed 22 Nov 2017 Neuadd Goffa 730pm
Wed 29 Nov 2017 Neuadd Goffa 730pm
Wed 06 Dec 2017 Neuadd Goffa 730pm
Wed 13 Dec 2017 Neuadd Goffa 730pm
Wed 20 Dec 2017 Neuadd Goffa 730 pm
Wed 10 Jan 2108 Neuadd Goffa 730 pm
NOTE: POPPY TO BE WORN FOR 11 NOV 2017 BRAHMS CONCERT
Ladies - long black skirts or trousers, plain black top, black shoes and discreet jewellry.
Men - White Shirt, Black jacket, black trousers, black bow tie and black shoes.
Brahms Rehearsal Schedule
6th Sept All of number 1. Number 6, from beginning to Allegro (16 before G)
13th Sept All of number 4. Number 6 from Allegro (16 before G) to end of movement.
20th Sept Number 2, from beginning to Allegro non troppo (9 after H). All of number 7.
27th Sept All of number 5. Number 2, from Allegro non troppo (9 after H) to end of movement.
4th Oct All of number 3.
11th Oct All of number 7.
18th Oct Run movements 1, 2, 3 & 4.
25th Oct Run movements 5, 6 & 7.
1st Nov Trouble shoot as required.
8th Nov Trouble shoot as required.
11th Nov Afernoon rehearsal. Evening concert. Pub.