Welcome fellow Member, thanks so much for visiting the website. Please let me know what you think...anything else you want to see on this page or on the website? Is there anyone out there who wants to help Yolande manage the website? It would be most appreciated!!!
Choir Notices 15 Nov 2017
As mentioned last week, we are singing in Wellington Square on the 18th November. We are now assembling at 2.20 for a 2.30 start (NOT 2.00 as previously advised). No uniform, wrap up warm, bright colours would be fun. We finish at 2.50. Please do try to come.
The list, in no particular order, and at Rob’s discretion will be:
O Come all ye Faithful , Page 54 v 1,2,3,6,descant
Ding Dong Merrily on High, Page 82
Once in Royal Royal , Page 260, v1,2,5,6
Away in a Manger, Page 61
Hark the Herald, Page 102, v1,2,3 descant
While Shepherds’ Watch, page 378
Maybe, Infant Holy, page192
We wish you a Merry Christmas, Page 164, v 1 only
Dates for your diary:
On 25 November, Crickhowell are singing Dvorak Mass in D in the Cathedral, at 7.30
On 10th December The Unicorn Singers are presenting an Advent Concert in the Catholic Church in Abergavenny at 8.00
On 20th December we have are Carols and Canapes, maybe at St David’s Church at 6.30
On 24th February Robert is running a Workshop from 10.35. Working on movements from Mendelssohn’s Elijah.
May 12th will be our Spring Concert. Robert’s planning a lovely programme
Choir Notices 08 Nov 2017
· Please don’t forget your poppy, to be worn on your left shoulder please.
· We are delighted to welcome extra tenors in particular, and all those who will be joining us.
· Please be at the cathedral by 2.00 on Saturday to get our seating in order. The rehearsal will commence at 2.30 until 5.00. Please be ready lined up to go ‘on stage’ at 7.15 promptly, having noticed who you’re sitting between at the rehearsal.
· We are hoping that we will be able to park at Priory School again, please do watch the website for further advice.
· It is hoped that you have remembered to advise Penny Ashby if you require a meal at Pilgrims between rehearsal and concert.
· We will be singing on Saturday the 18th November on the stage in Wellington Square between 2.00 and 2.20, for the occasion of the switching on of the town’s Christmas lights. Joanna Lumley will be pressing the ‘button’. Next Wednesday we will be notified of what we are singing. It is a good opportunity to ‘sell’ ourselves.
We had a really good rehearsal tonight, listen to your music for any wobbly bits and we will sound really great on Saturday. Enjoy it!
Choir Notices 25 Oct 2017
· Thank you to everyone who was able to attend the Workshop on Saturday and especially Robert for his hard work. Also to those members who sang at the Civic Service on Sunday. Apparently some of us missed out on the invitation to tea afterwards.
· NEXT WEEK REHEARSAL IS IN THE CHURCH ON THE WATTON.
· Also please note that on the 8th November the rehearsal is in THE CHAPEL.
· There are 6 people required on the 11th. Two for selling and checking tickets; two for selling programmes; and two to act as stewards to show people to their seats. Maybe your spouse or partner would be prepared to help in this capacity. If you can help please contact a committee member.
· From now, we will rehearse complete movements so that we get the continuity of the work as a whole.
· The Grand Draw took place and all prizes will go to their owners.
· We were pleased to welcome visitors who are going to join us for the performance. Some have come some distance to be with us so please make them feel welcome as usual.
VOICE REHEARSAL What a great rehearsal last night...its really coming together now! And the voice rehearsals are a great help. Its wonderful that all the voices are getting together for part rehearsals. It is certainly paying dividends and Robert must be a happy man!! Please let me know if you want to list your rehearsal time and date here.
**No soprano rehearsal next week at Margaret's!!! **
Choir Notices 18/10/17
NEXT WEEK the Wednesday rehearsal will be at Christ College.
· The Extra rehearsal at the Watton Church this Saturday will commence at 2.00 until 5.00. The last 10 minutes will be practicing for the Service on Sunday.
· On Sunday please be at St. Mary’s Church by 1.00 for a run through with the organist. We would appreciate a few more voices, particularly sopranos. Usual choir uniform will be worn except men will wear suit and tie.
· Please return all Raffle tickets and stubs to Yolande next week.
· Yolande has now put the Rutter Day photos on the Members page on our website.
· Next week Robert will be rehearsing Movements 5, 6, and 7.
Choir Notices 11 Oct 2017
- Veronika presented Robert with a bottle of wine for his contribution to the wonderful Rutter Day (John Rutter and his accompanist received theirs on the day).
- Christmas Cheer on 20th December – this date is quite late to buy your Christmas presents, so any choir member who wishes to sell their goods can set up a stall in the foyer at break time from the beginning of December so members can buy gifts. There will also be stalls at St. David’s Church on the 20th.
- A contribution of £5 will be requested from each choir member attending the extra rehearsal at the Watton Church on 21stOctober from 2 – 5 p.m. This will help cover the hire cost of the Church, Robert’s fee and that of the accompanist. There will be no charge for the extra rehearsal in half term week, also at the Watton Church.
- Veronika apologised for the shortage of pink booklets, but she will have some on Friday when she is selling raffle tickets in the Market Hall if anyone wants to pick one up.
- Tickets for the Brahms are available from Ellie. They are also on sale at the Cathedral Shop, Ardent Gallery and on the door on concert night. Please be reminded that all cheques should now be made payable to Brecon Singers.
- The bonus ball was won by Yolande
Choir Notices 4 Oct 2017
- Veronika mentioned how wonderful the Rutter Day was last Saturday and thanked everyone who volunteered, she has received a lot of positive feedback. Veronika particularly thanked Yolande, Penny and John and Jane Neville for all their hard work.
- An extra Brahms rehearsal will take place on Saturday 21st October from 2 - 5 p.m. in the Watton Church. An extra 20 minutes at the end of the day will be used to rehearse the 4 hymns for the Civic Service the following day. We will also be singing ‘God Be in My Head’, please bring your copies, Nigel can get copies if you need one.
- Mayor’s Civic Service 2 pm on Sunday 22nd, black concert wear for ladies, gents white shirt, tie and dark suits.
- 1st November is half term week, Christ College will be closed, so an extra Brahms rehearsal has been arranged to be held in the Watton Church, usual time.
- Poppies to be worn at the Brahms Concert in the Cathedral on 11th November. Please organise your own poppy.
- Veronika was pleased to announce that Wyn has very kindly agreed to be our new Patron Secretary. Thank you so much Wyn.
- Tickets for our concert will be on sale from next week. They must be paid for when you pick them up.
- The raffle will be drawn at rehearsal on the 25th October.
- In readiness for next week, Robert would like us to look at all of No. 7, we will also be dipping in and out of other movements.
Need help with Rehearsals
Contact your Voice Rep about part rehearsals.
Sites to help with the Brahms:
You Tube - Chorus Station
Brecon Singers Diary 2017
Wed 06 Sep 2017 Neuadd Goffa 730pm
Wed 13 Sep 2017 Neuadd Goffa 730pm
Wed 20 Sep 2017 Neuadd Goffa 730pm
Wed 27 Sep 2017 Neuadd Goffa 730pm
Sat 30 Sep 2017 John Rutter Day
Wed 04 Oct 2017 Neuadd Goffa 730pm
Wed 11 Oct 2017 Neuadd Goffa 730pm
Wed 18 Oct 2017 Neuadd Goffa 730pm
Sat 21 Oct 2017 Rehearsal, Brecon Presbyterian Church 2-5
Sun 22 Oct 2017 Mayor's Civic Service
Wed 25Oct 2017 Neuadd Goffa 730pm
Wed 01 Nov 2017 Half Term
Wed 08 Nov 2017 Neuadd Goffa 730pm
Sat 11 Nov 2017 Brahms Concert
Wed 15 Nov 2017 Neuadd Goffa 730pm
Wed 22 Nov 2017 Neuadd Goffa 730pm
Wed 29 Nov 2017 Neuadd Goffa 730pm
Wed 06 Dec 2017 Neuadd Goffa 730pm
Wed 13 Dec 2017 Neuadd Goffa 730pm
Wed 20 Dec 2017 Neuadd Goffa 730 pm
Wed 10 Jan 2108 Neuadd Goffa 730 pm
Ladies - long black skirts or trousers, plain black top, black shoes and discreet jewellry.
Men - White Shirt, Black jacket, black trousers, black bow tie and black shoes.